Monday, August 23, 2010

"Take the first step in faith...

... you don't have to see the whole stair case, just take the first step." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Having never actually "blogged" before, I don't know where to start. I'm (almost) 33 years old, I am a mother of the most amazing little 17 month old girl, I have a wonderful boyfriend, I am a musician and a behavior analyst. I have also recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I guess that's what sparked my interest in blogging. I know there are a lot of us out there, and for as much as we crave closeness from others, we can't help but make sure we are alone. But we aren't alone. Maybe that's why it seems so much easier to express ourselves through writing (well, that's my experience anyway.) Emailing, texting, blogging... it's all a way to communicate without actually talking to anyone. You can say what you need to say without being interrupted, but you can also disconnect and not have to feel the rejection and judgement that you are sure the other person is feeling toward you. So, this is a start for me. My own little online journal and journey to finding myself. You are welcome to come along for the roller coaster ride, if you think you have the stomach for it. 
Love, love, love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can feel the bleed and flow of your writing. I too work in psychology, had a baby girl whom is deceased, I was diagnosed with BPD at age 13...I am now 31. My teen years were plagued with homelessness, addiction, suicide attempts, and depression. In 2000, I got drunk and got into a head on collision which forever changed lives. When I awoke from my coma, I cleaned up and sobered up. I became a public speaker, finished uni and travelled the world. In 2007 got married, had a baby whom passed on, found out he cheated which triggered a spiral of BPD symptoms that led to hospitalization in 2008. I rebuilt my life went to DBT therapy and felt stronger than ever. April I got into a relationship, and now feel miserable....it triggers my illness and I fear losing control again. Audy

    ReplyDelete